I am not able to create an epic

Nadira hajjar July 30, 2020

Hello, 

I am following the step by step in this tutorial:

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics

But the field epic name doesn't exist when i try to create one, so i get an error message preventing me from creating an epic.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Hi Nadira!

It sounds like you need to edit your Issue Type Scheme for that project to add the Epic issue type. You can see how to do that in this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-an-issue-type-844500747.html

Nadira hajjar August 3, 2020

Yes that's it!! thank you so much :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

Great - glad that worked for you!

0 votes
Darshana Patil April 4, 2023

Hello Team,

I am getting attached error.. 

f3fd1358-dd2f-4df2-9367-b2cabaf3a399.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Hi @Darshana Patil  - It is always better to create a new question in Community. That way more people will see the post and help answer. And answers can be tailored to your exact need. 

Darshana Patil April 4, 2023

Ok John

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2020

Hi @Nadira hajjar -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you create the issue, did you select the Issue Type of Epic?  If not, the Epic Name field will not be available.

If you did, would you please post an image of what you are seeing so the community can offer ideas?

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Nadira hajjar August 3, 2020

Hello @Bill Sheboy thank you so much!

I am new at this, i will document better next time. It worked with the help of the community :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events