I am getting a "Read time out" error when trying to setup Incoming mail in Jira

Tom August 29, 2019

I have a cloud hosted Jira and am trying to access my google email account. For my IMAP Mail Server:

Host Name = imap.gmail.com

IMAP Port = 993

Timeout = 10000

I also enabled IMAP access in Google.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Hi @Tom ,

This looks like the same issue discussed in the below thread, can you kindly review it and check if that's indeed the same issue? 

In case this won't help, you may want to review also the below 2 KB pages (for Cloud and Server):

Let me know if this helps. In case it doesn't, it may help having a screenshot of the mail server configuration (like the one in the thread I pointed to) hiding the username and password fields.

Cheers,
Dario 

Tom September 3, 2019

Hi Dario,

I finally got it to work using POP Protocol.  Not sure why IMAP would not work.

Thanks for your help

Tom

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Tom ,

I am happy to know this is now working. However, if you have configured POP and not SECURE_POP, then please be aware that your data is being transmitted in clear over the Internet and this might not be desired.

Also, please accept the answer in case the issue is solved or let us know if there are still open questions or concerns.

Have a nice day.

Dario 

Tom September 4, 2019

Hi Dario

Thanks for the concern. I did use the secure_pop.

Thanks again 

Tom

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2019

You are very welcome! :) 

Suggest an answer