I am a project manager developers are users, users can not access boards and backlog

Anitha April 3, 2023

There is no backlog, no active sprint, and when you click on Boards it says can't connect to your board

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

Hi Anitha,

I run into something like this quite a bit, and nearly every time the issue is with the filter permissions. Here's some steps:

• Open the board. Click the ellipses ("...") in the top right corner
  • Select "Board settings"
  • Under the "General" settings item from the list on the left, find the "Filters" section
  • Click "Edit Filter Query"
  • Click "Details" next to the filter name, then click "Edit Permissions"
    • If you don't see "edit permissions" then you will have to ask the owner of the filter to do the next steps.
  • Under the "Viewers" dropdown select the group you want to share the board with. I usually just make it shareable to the entire organization.
  • Click ADD and save the changes. (note: you have to click ADD after you make your group selection, otherwise it would add the permissions for the group)
  • Go back to the board. You should see the issues now. 
  • Your team members may need to refresh their bowsers to have th enew permissions settings. 

Hope this helps, if not we can explore more troubleshooting.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events