I accidentally changed the existing Company Managed Project set up while taking tutorial

Rebecca Johnson April 2, 2023

Is there a way to revert back to all the company managed settings before I made the changes while taking the tutorial...hopefully before Monday morning!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, there's no "undo" on admin actions.  But they are mostly easy to simply flip back to what they were before you changed.

If you are not sure what to flip back to, there's a quick and dirty trick - create a new project, using the template you want to go back to, and with a totally silly key you'll never want to use for production (because you can't reuse keys easily - I've got one with a key of "trkexzlq1" for example), and use that as an example of what you want to edit everything back to.

appreciate y'alls quick replies. Not sure I follow what you are saying...

1st - where do I find the template I want to go back to?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

When you create a new project, you select a template for it, which goes on to create a load of settings and schemes that Atlassian think are appropriate for the project type you have selected (unless you choose "share existing schemes with an existing project").

You can't do a simple "revert" back to these, there's a lot of stuff in the schemes you might need to revert, and also,working-on-microtasks-to-get-paid-out-for-completed-tasks more importantly, you do not have a simple reference to what they are.

So, if you create a new (never to be used) project from a template, you will get a load of schemes set up for the new project that you can compare with the ones you want to revert, so that you can see what to set them all back to.

However, you really do need to ask the person who created the project you have been amending what template they used.  If you don't have access to them, then I'm afraid you are going to have to guess.

But, I would not expect you to have to guess too much - I would not really be trying to revert to base, I would be asking my people how they want to be working, and just modify the settings to support that, rather than going back to a default.

Our team originally used the Kanban template for company managed projects - but they had changed the schemes and such that have now been overwritten. So you are suggesting by creating a new (never to be used) project from this template, I can recreate the schemes based on what I recall we were using.

By doing this, all changes I make in this new company managed project will be applied to the existing "real" project?   Why not make the changes in the existing "real" project? I may be missing something from your explanation

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2023

I am only suggesting creating a new project so that you can see what the templates created when you first set up the project.

"Reverting" changes should indeed be made to the current "real" project.

Like Rebecca Johnson likes this

Thank you for your thorough explanation. I understand what you are saying now. Time to get to work!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events