How user can have Edit rights on Jira Advance Roadmap plan but not the new create Plan option

Sumit Joshi May 24, 2023

We want to give users edit permission a on few plans in the Advance roadmap; however, we don't want them to create new plans.

is there any way ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hello @Sumit Joshi 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I don't think that is possible based on this documentation about AR permissions:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-permissions-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Sumit Joshi May 25, 2023

Yes, I already referred that document.

What is way to solve the problem?

can Atlassian add more granular permissions on Advance roadmap? is there way to customize it or product is so restricted that they will leave as it without considering the customer requirements.   

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

I don't believe there currently is a work around to achieve your requirement.

There are currently some open change requests related to AR permissions that you can see in Atlassian's public backlog here.

I don't see one that specifically matches your requirement. You may want to open a change request of your own or have your Jira Administrator raise the question to find out if there is a matching change request that I did not find.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events