How to you edit values for the Sprint field?

JamesM September 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining status field values

I want to know how to edit and manage values for the Sprint field. There are values created by a previous administrator. But we stopped using the Sprint field years ago, and now want to re-start using it. So we need to re-set or re-establish values for our sprints.

3 answers

0 votes
Faisal Shamim March 29, 2019

Hi. 

Any idea How can I see my field: Severity beside Priority field on Active sprint , Please see the attached snapshot, I am using Jira on Cloud. 

Thanks

sprint.PNG

0 votes
JamesM September 9, 2016

Hi Steve - 

In your documentation it appears that what I want to do is controlled in the Agile module, which it appears we do not have installed.  We only have access to JIRA and Confluence applications.

I was trying to manage the values for the Sprint field, but all your instructions say to with the Agile module, which we don't appear to have. I wanted to remove/inactivate Sprint values, and add new ones, basically to start with a new numbering sequence for Sprints.

When I click on edit on the Sprint field, the following displays:

Sprint.jpg

Sorry I can't find the exact reference: your documentation is confusing in it's layout.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

You can't delete sprints unless you remove all the historical data from old issues. And even then they might still show up under Rapidboard Reports. Sprints are added, completed, reopened, and deleted by individual Scrum Boards. The Sprint field is not centrally managed.

With that in mind, can you show us a screenshot of the problem and explain what you would like to do?

Suggest an answer