How to use "Single Level Group By" Report?

Gan Zhi Long November 25, 2020

Regarding to "Single Level Group By" Report configuration, I don't understand how the filter works: what do "search" / "owner" filter actually mean or where is it searching? Hope someone can advise. Example will be good.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Gan Zhi Long,

I understand you refer to the following dialog you ran into while trying to configure the filter source for the report:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 07.46.55.png

First, let's make sure you understand what the report actually does. It will essentially pull you a list of issues, group this by a custom field of your choice and display percent complete for each group.

To build the report, you need to specify 2 parameters:

• a saved filter, which gets you the list of all issues that will be in your report
  • and a statistic type, which is the custom field you want to group the results by

The dialog you see is there to help you search for a saved filter in all the saved filters in your Jira instance. The search field is there for keyword search on the name / description of those filters, whereas the owner field lets you search for the user who created the filters.

Obviously, before you can use this report, you will need to have at least 1 saved filter in your Jira instance. In case you wonder how you create them, check out Jira documentation on saving search as a filter  

Rachel Rutti July 29, 2022

This is an amazing report, but can't seem to get it onto Dashboard or do anything further with it.  Can't add columns, or even have it display well on the page.  It has the super valuable grouping summary chart with % complete way on the right with 2/3 of the page blank in the middle.  When you click configure, it just goes back to the filter and grouping criteria field setup form.  

Like # people like this
shawn July 27, 2023

I agree with the prior post; the ability to add this report to a dashboard would be very compelling.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events