How to use different checklists based on label selected for Jira task ?

Salma Begum May 16, 2022

Is there a way , where we can have different checklist enabled based on Label's tagged while creating Jira issue . 

Eg : Task 1 if i choose Label A , then checklist A should be added in task .

Task 2 if i choose Label B , Then checklist B should be added in the task 

Or any other way i can achieve this instead of manually selecting the checklist template for each task created .

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julia Romanenkova_Railsware_ May 17, 2022

Hi @Salma Begum !

If you're using Smart Checklist Pro or Smart Checklist Free, there's a way to achieve this with Automation. Use the trigger of issue creation, then a condition for the label(s) to match your value(s) and add a formatted checklist into the field value. I'm attaching the screenshot of the automation and the result. Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 19.07.24.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-17 at 19.07.49.png

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Salma Begum

If you use Issue Checklist Pro or Issue Checklist Free, then we have a short guide explaining how to achieve what you need in Jira Automation: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ICD/pages/3235315948/Add+Checklist+Based+on+a+Label

Salma Begum May 17, 2022

Thank you so much for this . I was able to complete the Automation as per the instructions in the document . 

But the triggers worked only the first time . 

The next time i created the issue , It gave a response that it did not match the requirement ? 

And where it was successful the checklist came in history like this

Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 7.12.31 PM.png

I am missing something . I implemented all steps exactly as mentioned in the document

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2022

Please contact our support for tailored assistance: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

0 votes
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Hi Salma,

I am updating this thread as we now have an improved way of updating the Issue checklist Items based on the label field.

All you need to do is enabled the Apply checklist templates from issue labels global setting and set up the template name to be the same as the Label name. Please note that the Template Name does not include any spaces.

When you add a template named (for example) frontend to your Checklist templates and then assign the frontend label to an issue, that template will be automatically used and the relevant checklist will be appended to the issue. Note that the checklist items will not be removed even when you remove the Label.

Please see here for more details on the New Feature.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events