How to use Scriptrunner to update the Issue Type scheme ?

Aisha M April 22, 2020

I want to update the Issue Type Link scheme on the newly created projects. Can someone please help me with using Scriptrunner script for updating the issue type link scheme ? Maybe like use a post function on the workflow. 

We have an automated project creation step. When an user requests for a new project through our Service desk its automatically created.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

Hello @Aisha M ,

Could You please clarify what You mean on 'Issue Type Link scheme'? I know about 'Issue linking' but it is scheme per system not per project. Could You please explain more details and  provide screen?

Best regards,
Andrew

Aisha M April 23, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Thank you for the comment.

There is an option called LINK SCHEMES available under the adminstration panel - Category - LINKS

We have a LINK SCHEME for each each issue type. An combination of all these is a ISSUE TYPE LINK SCHEME. There is a default. So, we want all the newly created projects to have this instead of the DEFAULT ISSUE TYPE LINK SCHEME

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

I suppose You mean this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214172/extended-schemes-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://devpost.com/software/link-schemes-for-jira

I'm right?

If yes, that mean You try use script runner make changes in some 3rd party plugin. I'm not sure that it is possible because I not found something REST API for that plugin. I recommend ask support team of that plugin.

Best regards,

Andrew

Aisha M April 23, 2020

Yes @Andrew , that is exactly the plugin being used. So, you think we cantedit a scheme that way using Scriptrunner ?

Thank you !

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Yep, scriptrunner used next java API https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.13.8/ It is base of jira application, 3rd party java api not placed here and I'm not sure that possible reach java API of the 3rd party. As workaround I thought use rest API, but I not found some rest API for 'extend scheme' plugin.

Again, You can try ask support team of the plugin, maybe they can help You. I have no experience with the 'extend schemes' plugin.

Best regards,

Aisha M May 11, 2020

Hi @Andrew ,

Can you help me with the below existing Scriptrunner script.

I use the below script to capture the dates of the Epic Due Date and post the farthest date at the Program Epic Due Date field (scripted field). If any of the Due Date in the Epic is empty, then the scripted field at the Program Epic returns empty.

The script is working fine, but considers ALL of the epics associated with the Program Epic. Can you please help me modify the script so that ONLY the child of the Program Epic is considered and no other links.

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import java.sql.Timestamp

def allOutIssueLink = new ArrayList<IssueLink>(ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId()))
def issueLinks = allOutIssueLink?.findAll() {it.getDestinationObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic"}
def farthestDate

for(IssueLink issueLink : issueLinks){
def dueDate = issueLink.getDestinationObject().getDueDate()
if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
else if (farthestDate == null){
farthestDate = dueDate
}
else if (dueDate?.after(farthestDate)){
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

def allInIssueLink = new ArrayList<IssueLink>(ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getInwardLinks(issue.getId()));
issueLinks = allInIssueLink?.findAll() {it.getSourceObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic"}

def dueDate = issueLink.getSourceObject().getDueDate()

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

return farthestDate
Aisha M May 12, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Can you please help me with the above script :(

Like Andrew likes this
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2020

Hello @Aisha M ,

Sorry for long time reaction, I was busy. I hope I right understand direction in which links should be updated. 

def farthestDate
def issueLinks

//comment next section for use only inward links. From parent to child
//start section OUTWARD
/*
def allOutIssueLink = new ArrayList<IssueLink>(ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId()))
issueLinks = allOutIssueLink?.findAll() {it.getDestinationObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic"}

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}
*/
//end section OUTWARD

//comment next section for use only inward links. From parent to child
//start section INWARD
def allInIssueLink = new ArrayList<IssueLink>(ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getInwardLinks(issue.getId()));
issueLinks = allInIssueLink?.findAll() {it.getSourceObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic"}

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}
//end section INWARD

return farthestDate

Your code consist from two parts. First for outward links and second for inward links. As You can see I just disable the first part.  If I made wrong parent-child direction You need just disable the second part and enable first part. I write comments in code for that.

Moreover I would like recommend You create new links type, because standard 'relate to' link not clarity for user. For example, in picture below 'relates to' not say that TEST-6 is parent or child? 
Capture.PNGSo, I've made new links and set different name to inward and outward link. After I changed date in the current ticket the script affect to TEST-6.

Best regards,
Andrew

Aisha M May 12, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Thank you sooo soo much !!! I will test this out now.

Actually my manager wants the script to work ONLY if the Epic is a child of the Program Epic. 

The script should not consider the Epic Due date if the linking is of any other type like relates or clones or duplicates etc

Aisha M May 13, 2020

Hi @Andrew , I tried out the  script and yes, it works with outward & inward links.

But, I want the script to work ONLY if the Epic is a child. No other link should be considered. Will that be possible ?

Thank you 

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2020

I suppose it is possible, but I should understand criteria to identify that the current epic is the child.

'The script should not consider the Epic Due date if the linking is of any other type like relates or clones or duplicates etc' 

- so, I suppose You have some specific link type for that? 

'Epic is a child of the Program Epic'

- Do You have two epic types? 

Best regards,

Aisha M May 13, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Yes, the Epic  issue type is child of the Program Epic.

The only link they want to consider is , "Child of Custom Link" . . which is the name we have to link the Epics to the Program Epic.

You think its possible ?

Thanks

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2020

So, as I understand: due date of the Program epic should affect to 'pr.due date' of the epic by only link name 'Child'('parent' from epic side).

def farthestDate
def issueLinks

issueLinks = allInIssueLink?.findAll() { (it.getSourceObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Program Epic") && (it.getIssueLinkType().getInward() == "Parent") }

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

return farthestDate

For that I've change condition: (it.getSourceObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Program Epic") && (it.getIssueLinkType().getInward() == "Parent", as You see I use type name 'Program Epic' and link type name 'Parent'.

For example in the current program epic affect only to epic 'test-4'

Capture.PNGBest regards,

Andrew

Aisha M May 13, 2020

Hi @Andrew  , I tried the above script. But its not working for me. In-fact, no date is available.

I replaced "Parent" with "Parent of Custom Link" , as that is how the link name is in our project.

Also, there is no mention on Epic in the above script, then how does the scripted field pull the farthest Due Date value of Epic and display at Program Epic ?

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

I suppose we are confusing in parent-child relation.

I simplified condition.

def farthestDate
def issueLinks

issueLinks = allInIssueLink?.findAll() { it.getIssueLinkType().getInward() == "Parent" }

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

return farthestDate

If this also not working, could You please check screen of next settings 'linking':Capture.PNG

'Parent' placed in Inward column?

Aisha M May 14, 2020

Hi @Andrew ,

The above script din work as well. It did not show any date at all.

I checked like you have asked,

PARENT OF CUSTOM LINK - Outward

CHILD OF CUSTOM LINK - Inward.

Also few more description,

The Due Date field is the regular JIRA field available at the Epic issue

Scripted Due Date (Scripted filed) is added to the Program Epic issue screen. So, its visible only at Program Epic issue type.

Then, in the issue hierarchy, we have Program Epic and below that we have Epic

Scenario - The scripted field pulls the farthest date from the Epic and displays at the Program Epic. If any one of the regular Due Date of Epic is empty, then the scripted field returns empty at Program Epic too.

Hope the helps . .Thank for trying to help. I'm really grateful for helping me

Aisha M May 18, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Your thoughts on the above comment please :)

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

Could You please check next code?

def farthestDate
def issueLinks

issueLinks = allOutIssueLink?.findAll() { (it.getDestinationObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic") && (it.getIssueLinkType().getOutward() == "Parent") }

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

return farthestDate

or 

def farthestDate
def issueLinks

issueLinks = allInIssueLink?.findAll() { (it.getSourceObject().getIssueType().getName() == "Epic") && (it.getIssueLinkType().getInward() == "Child") }

if (dueDate == null){
return null
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
farthestDate = dueDate
}
}

return farthestDate

I hope one of them will work as needed.

Best regards,

Aisha M May 19, 2020

Thank you sooo much @Andrew  !! The first one works great. Thank you a million times for taking the time to help me :)

Like Andrew likes this
Aisha M June 15, 2020

Hi @Andrew , Hope you are well :) I just some question your script and hope you can help.

The script was working great in our DEV env. But, its not working in QA. I'm getting the below error,

2020-06-15 09:45:13,194 ERROR [customfield.GroovyCustomField]: *************************************************************************************
2020-06-15 09:45:13,194 ERROR [customfield.GroovyCustomField]: Script field failed on issue: ATLAS-540, field: PE Scripted Due Date
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script165.groovy: 16: unable to resolve class IssueLink 
 @ line 16, column 37.
                                       ^
Script165.groovy: 19: unable to resolve class IssueLink 
 @ line 19, column 1.
   ^
2 errors

Also, one more thing is, in QA we have enabled this plugin called saFe EPIC to Feature translator. So, this Plugin helps translate the issue name to Feature. 

Please help. Thank yo.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events