How to use GreenHopper with an existing Jira project?

Maria Janet C. Figueroa July 18, 2012

We have a backlog of issues in a Jira project that we are working on closing. We have decided to do it in sprints, using DIY Kanban method for a whole team of developers and testers.

How can I create a board - planning, task or rapid - using existing Jira issues?

I have tried adding a filter that I already use for these sprints into a board. The issues from the filter do not "magically" on the "To Do" column.

I have searched the documentation and have not found any guidance to follow.

P.S. I am a Jira / GreenHopper newbie. I would appreciate any specific procedures you can share.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi,

I'd recommend you use a Rapid Board, just create a rapid board and use the filter that you've already created (or you could just point the Rapid Board at a project). Check that you have the statuses for your issues correctly mapped to columns of your Rapid Board in the configuration, if the issues are in a status that is not in one of the columns they will not appear.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
Alexey Anisimov August 22, 2013

Hello!

Could you please tell me whether it's possible to change board permissions if the board is already created? My colleagues can't see it...

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 23, 2013

Hi Alexey! Are you still having this issue? I think there are some things you will need to do with Jira groups and then the project. We have our projects here set up for anyone to take see.

0 votes
Maria Janet C. Figueroa July 18, 2012

Thank you. After creating the Rapid Board, it took a bit of time to customize the list of issues by editing the filter. I am in a bit of a lost as to how to use the Rank field and what it is vs. the Global Rank field, an exercise for this student for another time.

Now if I could only drag and drop ...

Suggest an answer