How to update the resolution?

Rob Versluis April 26, 2021

When closing a sprint, the system tells me that there are still 36 issues open, even if the status of the issues is "Done". I have read about how to fix this problem, but I cannot update the resolution. How to solve this problem?

2 answers

2 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

In Jira only when an issue resolution is set the issue is considered to be completed. There are few ways how you can set resolutions to issues, you can use post-function to set issues resolutions when it moves to the last transition, or you can manually update the resolution while keeping a transition screen at the last transition, or you can set up an automation rule to set resolution when transitioning the issues to particular status or you can set up the resolution via board by choosing "set resolution" in board configuration.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your quick answer. I read about this post-function. But can you please tell me how to add this post-function? I am not able to find this post-functions at the workflow transitions.

Cheers, Rob

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Rob Versluis ,

As it's a Team managed project, there are no such fields as resolution once the issues are moved to the Done column on the board, the sprint can be closed. 

Cheers, Kevin.

I have attached pictures for your reference.p2.PNGp3.PNG

Rob Versluis April 28, 2021

That is the problem. The issues are in column "Done" but when I close the sprint the system is telling me 0 issues are complete.

Schermafdruk van 2021-04-28 09-25-55.png

Rob Versluis April 28, 2021

See screenshot the issues are not completed even if they are status "Done".

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Yea, I see that, but it is not supposed to work that way, in Nextgen project when an issue is moved to the Done column, the resolution is set to Done by default. I tried searching for a related doc or issue, but I couldn't find one, I suggest you contact the Atlassian support team for a better solution.

-Kevin

0 votes
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the community. Can you tell us a little more about your project (company managed or team managed)? In the workflow transition to Done, is there a post-function to set the resolution, or are users required to select one?

If the answer is no, then we'll need to set a transition to either set a resolution, or allow a resolution to be set.

We can then use bulk edit to set perform the transition and appropriately set the resolution value.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers, Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your quick answer. I read about this post-function. But can you please tell me how to add this post-function? I am not able to find this post-functions at the workflow transitions.

Cheers, Rob

The project is team managed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders