How to update a Workflow in Jira?

Deleted user April 30, 2018

Steps to reproduce:

* Open project settings, workflows, click edit for one of the existing (custom) workflows.

* In the diagram add a transition by drawing an arrow from one status to another.

* Add a name in the popup form (it is required). Click "Add".

Error:

"You cannot perform this operation on a draft workflow. More Information."

Question:

Well, how can I edit a workflow without it getting converted into a draft? Very frustrating.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 1.49.00 pm.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Hello,

There are a couple of limitations to editing worflows:

- Workflow statuses cannot be deleted.

- If a status has no outgoing transitions (Global transitions are not considered), it cannot      have any new outgoing transitions added, regular or global.

I guess, it is one of your cases. If so, then you need to copy your workflow, make changes to the copied workflow and associate the copied workflow to your worflow scheme.

Hi,

I am not trying to delete a status, just to connect two statuses. 

It is already copied, as it is a draft, no?

Seems to be very useless to me to be able to click the edit button, but then not being able to save my changes.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

If you copied a worflow, it is already a draft. You can change it.

I just clicked edit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events