How to undo board workflow settings?

a_bondarchuk April 28, 2020

When creating a new project, I applied the settings from another project and some elements changed in existing projects. For example (Tasks with high priority always stood out from above, now they go in chronological order.) Tell me, is there any way to return this or roll back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2020

Hello @a_bondarchuk

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you applied the same settings from another project to a newly created project, however, this caused the board of your new project to order issues in a chronological way instead of keeping them displayed by priority as it was before. Is that correct?

I'm afraid there is no way to simply roll-back all the changes applied to the project in a single click, however, we can easily roll-back your board view for sure.

Basically, a board only displays the issues from its related filter and the order configured there. That being said, you can easily change the order of the issues in your board by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to your board > Click in the "..." button at the top-left corner > Board settings. You will land in the General tab.
  2. Click on "Edit filter query" and change/add the parameter "ORDER BY" to define on which field the issue order should be based, as in the example below:
    Project = "your project" ORDER BY Priority

For more information about Jira boards, you can check the documentation below:

Configure a classic board 

Let us know if this information helps.

a_bondarchuk May 10, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves Thank you so much! 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

@You are welcome @a_bondarchuk

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer