How to turn off ticket notifications by email?

Alexander Willemsen July 11, 2018

At this moment I receive a email notification of all communication on a ticket, how can I switch this off? Please advice, thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

Hi @Alexander Willemsen,

are you watching the issue?  If so, you can click to unwatch:

image.png

Hi @Thomas Schlegel, could you help me out?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

I'll try, have you checked, whether you are watching this issue?

Yes I am

I would like to switch off all email notifications received by jira@slitsapp.atlassian.net as we have the notifications connected to a slack group..

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

If you want to disable all outgoing mails, you can do this here:

https://<your-account>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/OutgoingMailServers.jspa

Not sure if I would like to switch off all outgoing mails, would it be possible to switch of per user? Or per project?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

No, this is a global switch.

If you want to disable notifications for a single project, you have to create a notification scheme without any notifications (click on "Add notification scheme"):

https://<your-account>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewNotificationSchemes.jspa

and assign this scheme to your project. 

Thanks @Thomas Schlegel think this is what I'm looking for...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

You're welcome, @Alexander Willemsen.

If you think, your question is answered, please accept the answer with the checksign.

Other users with similar questions can find answered questions more easy with such a marker.

Thank you

Markus Göckeritz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2018

Hi Guys, I'm joining the discussion since I have a similar issue: I would like to switch off all outgoing emails for a specific project but only for specific users. Any idea how this might be achieved?

Thanks

Suggest an answer