How to transfer the multi select field selections from one multi select list to another

Matthew Wright April 8, 2022

I am using a multi-select listing to limit the options a user has when creating a Service Manager ticket for the products they want added.

There are several such lists used within this SM form.

For ease of reporting purposes, I want the user's selections in a single multi-select listing and so need to transfer the selected options (as values) to the target reporting list.  This is being attempted using an automation rule that runs when the ticket is approved.

An example custom field id is customfield_10203 as the list selected from and so a smart value for and Edit issue action on the target field is {{issue.customfield_10203.value}}.

This method is not successful and only results in clearing the field.  Since this type of action is a Set operation, all values need to be set at once.

Using advanced json does not work either as the update clause, while it works partially, never consistently sets all values from the original listing if more than one was selected in the source listing.

So how to transfer selected values from one multi select list and set them on another that does contain those values?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Matthew Wright can you share the screenshot of your automation configuration?

Matthew Wright April 11, 2022

I'm trying to set customfield_10054 using the values from customfield_10203.  This does not work:

2022-04-11_8-53-06.png

The names as values match for each field option listing.  It appears the multi-select control isn't capable of setting values in this manner.

Using a foreach method cannot set all values if multiples when implementing a kludge by using a JSON update:add method.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi @Matthew Wright there is a function "copy" from other field. You can check this option as described on the screenshot. I just tested it on multiselect field and it works correctly for me

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 23.19.36.png

Matthew Wright April 13, 2022

Thanks for this, yes, further configuration is possible by drilling into the Copy From field spec.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2022

Hi @Matthew Wright cool, and did it work for your use case?

Matthew Wright April 18, 2022

Yes Martin, thanks for that control highlight.

Suggest an answer