How to transfer registered time to another user in Tempo?

Łukasz Sławiński April 26, 2023

Hello,

We are currently undergoing a domain change in our company, which means that users are required to create new accounts in Jira. We use Tempo to track time spent on tickets. Unfortunately, the bulk feature only allows for the transfer of time spent from one ticket to another and I cannot find a way to transfer registered time from User A to User B. Is there any way to transfer that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you're going through a domain change, you should look into changing the existing accounts to keep consistency across your products rather than creating new accounts. This process has a few moving parts, but it's the right way to handle that. I'd strongly recommend reviewing the strategy; otherwise, you will come across more scenarios you will need to transfer things, and, in the end, it will give more work than handling it as an account change in the first place.

Łukasz Sławiński May 2, 2023

Thank you for your response.
However, from what I can see, neither the users nor I as an administrator can change the email address associated with the Jira account. How can we do this?

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Whether or not you can do it depends on whether your account is managed or if you're using Atlassian Access and user provisioning. However, the good news is that it is possible; you just need to determine your current user management setup and take the appropriate steps. Take some time to carefully read through the information provided at https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html, and you should be able to identify your situation and the necessary course of action.

Łukasz Sławiński May 2, 2023

Thank you very much for the article. While the fact that the user has to do it themselves would be acceptable to me, it does not solve another problem that I didn't mention. Users who have two accounts have been registering time in Tempo on both accounts (previously on the old ones, currently on the new ones). So leaving only one account, while deleting the old one, will make it impossible to access the time registered on the old account. So I think either it's somehow possible to transfer the time recorded in Tempo, or users will have to accept the loss of older data.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

I am unaware of any feature allowing bulk moving of worklogs to another account. However, if you need to move worklogs in bulk, it is possible to move them to issues. To get more information, I suggest contacting Tempo at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/ to validate this option and see if they can assist you in any way.

If you have data on both accounts, merging them is a separate matter that currently cannot be handled. Nevertheless, you can vote on an open feature on the Atlassian public issue tracker (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-240) and add yourself as a watcher to receive notifications about it. In some cases, Atlassian can assist with this process on their end, but it is not guaranteed. To check if your scenario falls under these cases, you would need to raise a support ticket (https://support.atlassian.com/contact).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events