You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We are building an e-commerce website using jira/sprint. it's 16 week sprint, each sprint is 1 week. to track requirement, we create epic, then user story underneath.
we also create test scenario for each user story. it's 1:1 currently. we may end up with 1 user story with multiple test cases for some user story. So far we have 50 user story. and 50 corresponding test scenario.
we have two type of testing: unit testing after sprint completion; end-to-end testing after 4 sprint.
1. for unit testing, we basically test the new user story or break/fix of the just-finished-sprint
2. for end-to-end, we link multiple epic together. for example: user search product, add to shopping cart, check out. Certain user story may already tested multiple round, passed and no defect, but we need to re-execute it because tester need to see process flow from start to finish.
we want to figure out testing strategy.
we don't have Zephyr, nor budget to purchase add on.
I read the forum, it seems like there are two approaches
1. we will have 1 EPIC called (test e-commerce website) -> 50 test scenario -> each test scenario will have 16 sub-task (sprint).
For example, sprint 1 is one subtask, then add one for sprint 2 etc. we then track run in each sub-task level
2. we will have 16 epic (one for each sprint) -> for each sprint, we added a list of the test scenario (which are ready for test). How can I track the run/execution? Because some test scenario are passed in previous sprint. We can create more epic for end-to-end sprint.
we try to build some dashboard or a report to show
1. developer to tell tester:
when tester test this week after sprint2 is done, what users story he need to test
2. tester to tell developer test result - what is passed, failed, not run yet
3. on the project level (not just sprint level), which story has been tested, not tested at all, recurring defect.
if partial goal can be achieved that will be a win. ,
any insight is appreciated!