Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to track flagged issues?

It´s cool that you can flag issues to highlight that they are blocked. I would like to track the resolution time on a flag. How do I see when it was created and how long it took to solve it?

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Feb 26, 2019

Have you looked at Time to resolution gadget available to the dashboard? It doesn’t show you TTR on an individual issue basis but give you a running average.  You can create a filter using “flagged =“ and apply to this gadget.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Leader Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Svenja_Speen 

This is a unanswered duplicate question

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Return-length-of-time-an-issue-has-been-flagged-for/qaq-p/466753

It's not trivial to calculate the time till resolved on a issue which was once a impediment (flag)

My suggestion to you is to move the flagged issues to a status in workflow like "Blocked" etc and then either you can use Control chart in Jira to see the lead time. Or you can create a scripted field (from Script runner) plugin which calculates the time duration from when the issue  was flagged upto the time it got resolved. 

I had to get creative to do something similar.  Here's what I did:

I created an automation rule that sets a custom date field, Date 1, to {{now}} when the flag is added to an issue.  When the flag is removed, it takes the difference between now and the Date 1 field (I chose to just use business days) and adds it to another custom field, Number 1.  The formula used is {{issue.Number 1}} + {{now.diff(issue.Date 1).businessDays}}.  If the issue is flagged again and that flag removed, the Number 1 field will keep a cumulative total of days flagged for the issue.  If you didn't want to keep a cumulative total and only the duration of the last flagged time, the formula could be changed to:  {{now.diff(issue.Date 1).businessDays}}.

Automation rule - flag duration.JPG

This is awesome....Thank you Sir

Sadly, you would think that something THIS OBVIOUS would actually make it into the work to make Jira itself more useful.

But....no.

We need more "broken" roadmaps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

118 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you