How to surface mult-select fields in your kanban and list views

Mara Julin April 24, 2023

Hi,

I just made a process management project in jira work management to utilize the board and list views. I have 2 important custom fields that are multi-select that I will want to see on the cards in the kanban view or as a field on the list view but they aren't showing up as options.

Why can't you surface multi-select answers in these views?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hello @Mara Julin 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will show at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left.

I have tested with a Company Managed project, and you can add a multi-select field to the cards on the board and the columns in the List view in that case. 

I haven't tested with a Team Managed project yet.

Mara Julin April 26, 2023

Hello! 

I have a company managed project yes. Which navigation panel are you looking at? I'm not seeing it as an option.

Mara Julin April 26, 2023

I'm just seeing all the single-select options when I go to "customize cards". The multi-select one (called character demographics in my case) don't show up as ones I can select.

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 11.29.12 AM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

In my Company Managed Work Management project the multi-select field shows up both for Column selection in the List view and Customize Cards in the Board view.

The symbol that appears next to Single Select and Multi-Select fields is the same. I confirmed by creating one of each in for my project. Are you sure none of the ones in your image are multi-select?

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 8.44.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-26 at 8.45.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 8.45.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-26 at 8.46.17 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events