How to sum 3 number field in one number field but number field value depend on other select lists

Vinay August 23, 2022

Hello community

I have requirement Where I want to sum up 3 number field in one number field but these number field value is depended on another select list fields.

note : Number fields are not visible on screen it is just for assigning values to number fields on the basis Of select list fields.

Number1            Select list1

2                         Abc

3                         SHF

Number2.          Select list 2

4                         DHG

2                          DDS

Number3.          Select list 3

3                          HHF

6                          HIG

user will select option from select list 1 and select list 2 in issue creation and on the basis of selection Number1 and Number2 field will update and sum up in Number4 field. 

when ticket goes in done status than user will select list 3 and on the basis of option number 3 field will update and at the end Number 4 field is sum of Number1, Number2, Number3

any thoughts 

BR//

Vinay

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi Vinay,

You should be able to do this with an Automation for Jira rule if I understand your use case correctly. 

You would use a series of IF/THEN conditions to select the right fields for doing the sum.

Give it a try and post your rule here if you run into any problems. 

Vinay August 23, 2022

Hello John

The problem is all number field are not present on screen , i have created 3 separate rule for updating number field on the basis of select list with same IF/Then conditions.

Than another 4th rule, any changes to select list 1,2,3, than update number 4 =
{{#=}} {{issue.customfield_10233|0}} + {{issue.customfield_10234|0}} + {{issue.customfield_10235|0}} {{/}}

but it is updating as 0 value .

Suggest an answer