How to stop incoming spam messages?

Fred Mouniguet May 26, 2023

Recently I started receiving spam messages coming from JIRA with scam links. I do not know which projects are these, I see nothing in my list of projects (I never even used this JIRA account until now).

See screenshot attached of a typical scam message I receive a lot recently.

Thanks in advance for your help

spam jira.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2023

@Fred Mouniguet Sorry for the delay here.  I just received confirmation from our abuse team that these sites have been deactivated within the last 30 minutes.  If you happen to see any additional spam from these or other sites in the future, please let us know.

Thanks for the report and sorry again for the inconvenience here.

Andy

Fred Mouniguet May 31, 2023

Many thanks Andy, appreciate it!

rassvet85 June 2, 2023

@Andy Heinzer Please remove me from the spam project https://5x8zva3y54ikxefh4uqx.atlassian.net/jira/core/projects/PILPQPUWX/board. I accidentally clicked on the invite button in the mail and now every day I receive spam emails from jira

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2023

@rassvet85 Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for the report.  I've created an internal ticket with my abuse team to take these down.

3 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Fred Mouniguet 

Atlassian will be eager to shut these down. Please forward the email to abuse@atlassian.com.

Fred Mouniguet May 30, 2023

Thanks @John Funk – I forwarded several of these emails to abuse@atlassian.com  over the past few days but didn't get any answer.

The spam actually increased since then.

What else can I do to eradicate this? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

They are the ones who will need to do something. Let me see if someone can come here. 

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Hi @Fred Mouniguet 

Is the Jira link of PRFFSVCQL is in an Atlassian site that you are familiar with?

If yes, please contact your Jira administrator to report this spam and they would disable the account that triggers it.

Thanks @Fazila Ashraf - unfortunately I am not familiar with any of these projects. They actually keep changing every time.

See screenshot attachedspam jira 2.jpg

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Sadly, there is no option to leave the Jira site all by yourself :(   => https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75105 

Only the Jira administrator of the site can remove you from the project. 

May be you could set email rules to send these automated ones to spam? 

Unfortunately no, I still need to receive other JIRA notificatations normally.

This seems like a security flaw to me - is there no way to prevent being added to projects without my consent?

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer