How to show the subtasks in Kanban board but hide them in Roadmap?

marcel_alim December 7, 2022

My team is trying to move from Sprint board into Kanban board. While working in Sprint board, we worked with subtasks to break down the story into smaller pieces. Now after changing our board into Kanban, we noticed these subtasks are also listed in the Backlog. This is really annoying as it clutters the roadmap. On top of that, since the parent story can have different status compared to its subtasks, it makes the roadmap looked even worse. If I exclude the subtasks using the filter, the Backlog will look fine, but then I will lose the subtasks in the Kanban board. How can I achieve a middle ground where I want to see the subtasks in the Kanban board but hide them in the Backlog?

TLDR: Work with Kanban board. How to have subtasks in Kanban board but hide them in the Backlog? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

You can't really do this with Kanban.

Kanban does not care about issue levels - your backlog is a stream of cards, and each one is an item that needs doing.  It does not care whether they are Epics, Initiatives, Themes, Issues, or Sub-tasks - a card is a card.

If you're going for a Kanban approach, you have to work out how best to work with "each card needs some attention, separately"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events