How to show child issues overall progress per Epic?

Joe Stack April 12, 2023

Is there a way to display the following chart, found on my roadmap, in a dashboard? I would like to show a list of certain epics, with the child issues displayed in this progress bar. Looks like the data is readily available, and the problem is displaying it appropriately. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 5.42.41 PM.png

4 answers

0 votes
Jean-Luc Currie June 21, 2023

@Joe Stack Question for you on the image you have above. Where in Jira did you get that view? 

Joe Stack June 22, 2023

It's on the Roadmap or Timeline page in my Jira project. It's one of the menu items under the Board header. 

0 votes
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Joe Stack 

If you are open for a mktplace solution, we have built an app for the same use case.

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

Try it out and meet functionalities such as:

- View the full hierarchy of your Epics or linked issues

- Sum up values to see overall progress for your Issue Hierarchy

- Apply filters to put the focus on the relevant data only

- Excel like editing for all the values right on the report and see real time progress updates

- JQL filter for child issues

- Export to a CSV file

- Embedded Epic Hierarchy on Issue Screen

- Dashboard Gadgets

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Epic Hierarchy - Gadget - Summary.PNG

0 votes
Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2023

Hello @Joe Stack - nice to meet you 👋🏻

If you’re open to use a third-party app I would like to recommend an intuitive and easy-to-use solution - Mindpro Insights - Charts, Reports & Filters for Jira & JSM

With this cloud app, you can build and share beautiful cross-project dashboard reports in seconds using your Jira and Jira Service Management data using ready-to-use and custom gadgets.

Mindpro Insights - Epic Progress.png

One of our favorite gadgets is this "Epic Progress" one, where you can track multiple epics in a unified view, combine it with a view of your issue list, and even drill down to issues with one click. 

To play around and explore an interactive version of this gadget - CLICK HERE

This app has a 30-day free trial version with full support and onboarding assistance included. If you want, we'd love to offer you a live demo where you can talk about your specific needs.

Hope it helps,
Eduardo, from Mindpro team

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hello @Joe Stack 

As you've noticed, it's not available using the native functionality available in Jira. It looks like there's an open ticket here asking for this functionality to be added.

Hope this helps

Joe Stack April 13, 2023

Thanks Sam for linking this. Looks like that ER has been "Gathering Interest" for an entire decade, so I think it's a safe bet that marketplace apps are the only option here. 

Like Patrícia Malta (Tice) likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events