How to show bugs with different workflow in Active Sprints?

Jong Hyuk Lee January 13, 2021

Hi all,

We have different workflows for bug and task.  While task uses To Do, In Progress and Done statuses, bug uses Active, On Hold, Fixed, Closed statuses and etc.  As you know, all these statuses are connected to one of 3 categories (To Do, In Progress, Done.)

By doing this, all the bugs do not display in Active Sprints, as Active Sprints shows issues under To Do, In Progress and Done.  I thought these were categories, but actually they were statuses.

Can anyone let me know how to display the bugs with different workflow in Active Sprints?

Thanks,

Lee

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Jong Hyuk Lee ,

image.png

The Total 5 Columns open, reopened, in progress, in qa , done  are buckets.

Under these buckets i'm assuming workflow statuses are belongs to the above bucket names, arranging under them.

If you want to create a separate board for Bugs 

Create a new scrum board in project 

then edit board query 

Project = ABC and issutype = Bug.

Then create new Buckets with workflow statuses. and drag and drop them in Board Columns section

Jong Hyuk Lee January 13, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH

I am sorry.  My question was not clear.  We would like to see both tasks and bugs in a scrum board and if it is the Active Sprints, it is the best.  Can we do it?

Thanks!

Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

The columns in your active sprints board are just columns (not actual statuses).  Under each of those columns you can add statuses.  Right now you probably only map the standard scrum statuses. 

Go to Board Settings and add your bug statuses to your sprint columns (To Do, In Progress, Done).  Your bug statuses will currently be listed as 'un-mapped' statuses on the board settings for columns. 

Like Jong Hyuk Lee likes this
Jong Hyuk Lee January 14, 2021

Ah, thank you so much, @Paul O  This is exactly what I wanted.  Have a wonderful day!

Thank you for your insight, @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events