How to show all tasks from different projects assigned under "Your Work" on a Roadmap in one Project

Mario Martic February 2, 2021

I created a new personal project, under which I would like to display all the tasks from different projects I'm assigned to, that are shown under "Your Work".

I have no admin-rights. But I would like to collect all my tasks to show them visually on a Roadmap in my "Overview Project" - especially to see the due dates visually for all my tasks/work.

Is this possible and if so, how (step by step)?

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Hello @Mario Martic ,

The roadmap Feature is project-centric, and will only show details of issues in the next-gen project you are looking at, and does not have an option to include issues from other projects.   Additionally, the features of the roadmap are intended to show relations between other issues within the project for a full body of work visualization rather than individual user tasks.

Projects in themselves are meant to act as a separator of a body of work to block off issues as work items specific to that project.  

for a visualization of your items, the "your work" page is the intended location for grouping and visualizing issues that require your attention.  Alternatively, you could look into creating a personalized dashboard to build out groupings with additional details as discussed in the documentation here:

Setting up a saved filter with something like "assignee = your user name" or "Assignee = currentuser()"  and applying it to a dashboard filter would probably be the best solution for what you are looking for

Another option that would require a license tier upgrade would be Advanced roadmaps.  if you are using classic projects you could look into the possibility of Advanced roadmaps which is a feature built into the premium license tier and can set up plans for work visualization based on filters as described here:

Using the same filters noted above you could set up a plan to isolate and visualize the issues on the Advanced Roadmap plan, however, do note the limitation of only being ablee to link Classic Projects at this time, detailed here:

Regards,
Earl

Mario Martic February 4, 2021

Dear Earl, thank you very much for the very detailed answer.

Best,

Mario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events