How to setup automation for date picker 5 business days before last Business day of the month?

admin-nwalter March 28, 2023

Hello all,

I am trying to setup an automation for a date picker. The situation is as follows:

For each ticket made in our project, a custom date picker is set to the last business day of that month (we'll call that field Customdate A for now). There is also a start date that I want to setup 5 business days BEFORE the Customdate A field. So something in the lines of:

{{now.lastBusinessDayOfMonth}} minus 5 business days.

My goal is then to setup the automation that whenever the value changes for Customdate A, the start date gets automatically populated based on the above values. Is this possible to setup? I haven't found anything on the official articles yet that could do something like this. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @admin-nwalter,

Building further on that use case, you should be able to achieve what you want by referencing the value of your custom field and counting down 5 business days like this:

{{issue.Customdate A.minusBusinessDays(5)}}

Hope this helps! 

admin-nwalter March 28, 2023

Hello Walter,

This worked out great! Thank you for the suggestion. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events