How to set up process file in applications?

Deleted user September 9, 2018

I need to set up process monitoring by using the pid file, but in most of the applications, the pid file is non-existent. What has to be done so that the pid file gets created for the application process?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

Most of them do create process identification files, but they're kept internally, and not meant for other uses, and sometimes won't do what you think they do.

I'd suggest looking at something else for your process monitoring.  What exactly do you want from "process monitoring"?

Deleted user September 10, 2018

I am trying to set up monitoring to check whether the java process is working or not.  This has to be done if the pid file exists. The monitoring script will check for the existence and the contents of the pid file to decide whether the java process is running or not. Please help us in creating the pid file, so that the process monitoring can be done

Deleted user September 11, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can you please check on this? This is an emergency situation which needs to be fixed immeditaely

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

You need to create your own monitoring for this, as the only pid file Tomcat creates is not suitable for your monitoring script.

A really simple check would be to run ps -ef | grep jira (or some other distinct phrase), grab the process id from the output and store it somewhere, clearing it if there's no process found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events