How to set up Initiative

Scott Hassell March 17, 2021

Using the old portfolio on the server based jira, it was pretty straightforward to enable initiative level (i.e. Initiative -> Epic -> Story -> Sub Task).

So far doesn't seem to be as easy with  Cloud Jira and Advance roadmaps.  

Was trying to test out on a single test project first.

So far have:

1) created the initiative issue type and associated with issuetype scheme and have a test project associated with that issue type scheme.

2) Gone to the Advanced roadmap hierarchy cfg screen and added initiative

3) Created an test initiative

4) on that screen it says no child issues.   

5)  What is the next step to have  add a child issue and add an epic so that an epic falls under an initiative?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021
1 vote
Answer accepted
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi! I use initiatives widely in my org in conjunction with the roadmaps. 

This is a parent/child relationship. You can manage this two ways. 

1. Add the parent link field to your screens, so that you can see and directly link/unlink epics from initiatives.

2. From the roadmap you can perform this by checking the box for scope next to your initiative, then click bulk actions > parent > review changes > save to jira and it will connect your epics to your initiative. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Scott Hassell March 22, 2021

Thanks this helped

0 votes
Will August 18, 2022

Curious, which fields aside from Summary should people apply to the screen(s) for the Initiative issuetype??

0 votes
Scott Hassell March 22, 2021

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders