How to set the default priority for a GH card?

Jeffrey Leung October 10, 2011

We desire to use a scheme where the default priorities for GH for used for User Stories and the Bug issue type has a different set of priorities. I've entered in the priorities we want to use for the bug issue type. I"m unable to find where in GH/administration the place to set the default priority for an issue type. Can someone tell me where I can set a default priority for an Issue Type?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

Priorities, including default priority, are system-wide JIRA settings. There is no separate priority configuration for GreenHopper. Nor can you configure them by issue types.

To set default priority, go to Priorities in JIRA Admin console. Click the default link for the priority you'd like to set default for.

Jeffrey Leung October 10, 2011

I can understand why it would initially be set at the system-level. It would be very nice enhancement that the default priorities for the issues could be set at a project level.

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

yeah, I've seen similar questions and requests. Maybe you can submit a feature request or vote/comment on existing requests like https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

Suggest an answer