How to set limited access permission for external developer?

JAKE March 8, 2021

Hi,

we are using Jira cloud with next-gen projects. Most projects use the the access setting "limited" which still permits everyone with site access to view the projects.

Now I would like to include an external developer who should only be able to view and collaborate on one specific project without being able to access any other project.

Unfortunately I could not find any setting or documentation that fits to this case. Is there a better solution than setting every project to "private"? Cause this would actually reduce transparancy, that we promote internally...

Thanks for your answers!

BR

Jan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hey Jake,

I am afraid that is one of the limitations that comes with Next-gen projects. They are easy to setup and work with, but VERY limited for any kind of customization. You would have to do exactly as you suggest - make every Next-gen project Private and just add how can see them. 

JAKE March 11, 2021

Thanks John,

not what I was hoping for but matches my impression ;-)

Are there any ideas / activities to have additional roles like "guest"  or "external developer"? I Could imagine we are the only company facing this issue...

BR

Jake

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Not that I am aware of, but you can follow the Next-gen releases and roadmap here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events