How to send the board action to a field in Salesforce using API

Gerson Baires July 19, 2022

Hello, I'm new to the Jira platform and I want to know if it's possible to get or send the status from the board and send it to a field in salesforce?

jira question.png

* Is necessary to use code in Jira? if that is so, where I can see the proper documentation? and also where I can code in Jira in order to get that task complete to make a connection from Jira to salesforce?

I have already completed the task to make the connection from salesforce to Jira to create the issue, but now, How can I make bidirectional?

4 answers

2 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2022

Hi  @Gerson Baires

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira and Salesforce (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and Exalate uses a scripting engine which is based on Groovy scripts where you can control what data you want to share and even you can independently handle the incoming information. You can achieve complex use-cases with ease. 

For more information on what is supported with Salesforce please refer this doc.

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

0 votes
Chun Wye Ng -ServiceRocket- May 24, 2023

Hi @Gerson Baires

Good day, this is Danny from ServiceRocket.

Regarding your question, there are many third party tools that can be utilized to acheive your use-case. Mostly follows the logic of translating the value from Jira to Salesforce and vice versa, depending on your synchronization direction.

Our Connector for Salesforce & Jira also allows for this feature of updating Statuses.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions regarding your our product, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Portal or Drift chat.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Danny
ServiceRocket Apps Support

0 votes
Neha Jain May 22, 2023

To get started with coding in Jira, you can refer to the official Jira Developer documentation. It provides comprehensive guides, tutorials, and examples to help you understand the Jira API and build custom integrations.

Here are a few resources to get you started:

Jira Developer Documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/

In your code, you'll need to fetch the status from the Jira board using the Jira API and then send it to a field in Salesforce using the Salesforce API. The specific implementation will depend on your requirements and the programming language you choose to work with.

If you prefer a no-code solution, as mentioned earlier, you can explore third-party tools like ZigiOps or Exalate. These tools provide pre-built integrations between Jira and Salesforce, allowing you to set up bi-directional synchronization without writing custom code.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2022

@Gerson Baires hi there and welcome to the Jira community! You can make it bi-directional. If you're open to the idea of using an external tool (if not using one already), check out ZigiOps. It's a no-code tool that connects Salesforce and Jira bi-directionally. It reads the schema dynamically and can transfer any field (custom or default).

It also keeps the two systems up-to-date in real-time. It allows customization so you can define which data to be sent from Jira to Salesforce and vice-versa - you have full control over the population of the fields. Check it out and if you want to see how it can handle your use case - feel free to book a demo.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events