How to send private messages on Jira

Aditi December 15, 2021

I want to send customised documents to my team members. It is important that they don't share it (it shouldn't be visible to all) 

It is sort of an exercise 

2 answers

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

I would suggest you set up a Confluence space that is locked down to just your team, and then use the files feature there to manage documents. You can link the file page to a Jira ticket, and only those with access to that confluence space can access the files.

This works fine if you are just a bit secretive, but if you have NDA protected documents, then don't use a common tool regardless.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

Jira is an issue tracker, designed with a strong lean towards open sharing of tracking data.

It is not a messaging system, certainly not a private one - the whole point is that you share your issue information.

So, you might be able to find an app that enables some form of private messaging from within the UI, but it's likely to be an integration with a messaging system, rather than a private note-sender.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events