How to send one email if a list of issue? With JMWE / Jira Automation

Juliano Granadeiro May 19, 2021

Does anyone know if it is possible to send only an email to a specific group containing an issue list containing key, summary and cost field for example?

I don't want the option to subscribe to the filter because the person can leave. I tried to use Jira automation, I was able to send an email with the list but the custom fields are not sent.

In JMWE I tried to use the schedule action because it allows to send periodically, but it sends an email for each issue and not a single email.

1 answer

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi @Juliano Granadeiro 

Working with your site admin, you could subscribe to a saved filter with a group.  Then just edit the group membership as people join/leave.  Please look here for information about how to do this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribetosearchresults

Best regards,

Bill

Juliano Granadeiro May 23, 2021

Hi Bill, Thank you for yor time.

I saw this option but as far as I have seen, the groups displayed are created in the global settings of the jira. This list that I need to create is by project. I would need something that I could create and leave a book for the project to change.

Do you know if there is a way to leave this being configured only within the project without changing global settings?

Best Regards,

Juliano

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi!  I do not know how to subscribe at a project level with out of the box Jira.  And I believe the subscribe-to-a-group permission is global scope.

An alternative at the project-scope is to use an automation rule to send desired notifications to a list of people you define, at the project level.  Those rules may be scheduled (like a filter subscription) or triggered on other events, such as issue field changes.

Suggest an answer