How to send an email automatic emails based on Priority?

Prabhu Chilukuri February 25, 2021

Hi Team,

How to send an email notifications when the issue is in open state More than one day or two days based on priority Field by using Automation Jira?

Thanks,

Prabhu

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hi Prabhu,

You should use a Scheduled trigger rule in Automation for Jira. Then add your JQL for the issues. Something like:

Project = ABC and status change to Open after startOfDay(-2) and priority = High

Just replace the values with your actual values. 

Prabhu Chilukuri March 3, 2021

Hi John,

Project = ABC and status change to Open after startOfDay(-2) and priority = High

The above query is not working.

I have tried the below queries for High & Highest Priority issues. 

(Highest Tickets for 1 days)

project = "XYZ" AND type = "Bug" AND status = "Open" AND priority = Highest AND updatedDate <= -1d 

(High Tickets for 2 days)

project = "XYZ" AND type = "Bug" AND status = "Open" AND priority = High AND updatedDate <= -2d 

I received Warning notification for "Highest" Priority ticket, But "High" priority query is not working.

Please kindly advice on this,

Note: Open is first status of the workflow.

Regards,

Prabhu Ch  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

What does the Audit Log have for when you run the High query? 

Prabhu Chilukuri March 3, 2021

HI John,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am getting the below action details,

No related issues that have been updated since the last time this rule executed could be found. To include all issues, un-check the 'Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed' checkbox.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

So maybe uncheck the box and try it?

Prabhu Chilukuri March 4, 2021

Hi John,

Both queries are not working now.

I have a one question here: How the schedule triggers works? Based on Query or Based on given value(day, Hour, Monthly).

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Great! Glad to hear they are working now. 

Schedule triggers run at an interval you select - daily, every two days, etc. Or based on a cron schedule.

Then it applies the trigger to the issues from the results of a JQL.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2021

Hi @Prabhu Chilukuri 

Also, you can set an SLA timer for JSW issues. But to do it, you need to install an app from Atlassian Marketplace. App will help you set and monitor SLA time limits for the most important issues (using Priority, Lable, Assignee, Status fields, etc.), and send notifications about overdue issues. In such way, you can create an SLA report about met and exceeded issues.

If you are interested in such solution, let me know.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events