How to see which issues are incomplete when closing a sprint?

My sprint has 65 issues in it. All 65 are done. When I attempt to complete the sprint, the dialog says:

65 issues were Done.
4 incomplete issues will be returned to the top of the backlog.

How can I find which 4 issues it's referring to? None show on the board or in reports that are outside of the 65 done issues.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

Check your board configuration - have you mapped all possible status for the projects into columns, or are you missing some that contain the 4 issues?

Check your board filter - try running it as a standard search and see what the results are (I'd expect to find 69, with the additional 4 having a different status to the rest)

Interesting. I narrowed the JQL to just issues in the sprint–no other criteria, and found the 4 issues are assigned to another project! Good to know. I'll have to watch for that going forward.

Thanks Nic!

I have faced this problem when Jira issues have been moved from Project A to Project B, for some reason the issues were still linked to Project A, because those issues were included in a Sprint from Project A.

You should go to Project B and you will find there those issues inside a new Sprint that is linked to Project A and edit the issues and remove from the Sprint.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

240 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot