How to see what projects groups are a part of

Lisa Guadiana December 1, 2020

The back story is that an end user requested to have admin access to Jira and all projects within. Since he is an end user, I'm not going to give him the keys to the kingdom but I do want him to be able to do what he has to do.

Based on the information I received from him, he is looking for the ability to make admin level updates to things like ticket types, statuses, workflows, notification schema, etc. as is necessary from team discussion.

I found an administrators group, that seems to be a stock group that comes with the product, that has product access. 

Before I add my end user to that group, my question is: how do I figure out what projects in Jira this group has access to and whether the above mentioned features will be available as part of the product access that this administrators group? I attached a screenshot of this group that I see in my Administration portal. 

I appreciate any help and guidance I receive on this! 

2020-12-01_18-30-49.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi Lisa,

That group will give the user product admin rights and grant global permissions (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-global-permissions/), so they could do all of those things but also access all projects.

You could look into Next-gen projects to see if that would work for the user, but in classic projects you'll need the user to have admin rights to make those changes.

Lisa Guadiana December 14, 2020

@Stuart Capel - London , thank you so much for your help and speedy response! This helped me out and resolved the issue I was having! 

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Awesome, thanks for letting me know Lisa ☺️

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events