How to see webhook event details

Francois Chataigner June 3, 2022

We set up a webhook from AWS Codebuild to trigger automated builds when PRs are created/updated, however it seems that too many builds are triggered and I am investigating why.

I can see the list of events being fired in Repository Settings > Webhooks > Repository hooks > AWS Codebuild > View Requests (see image below)

However i am only seeing basic information, as opposed to the detailed view shown here: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/troubleshoot-webhooks/

How can I enable the detailed view to debug my issue?

Thanks!

webhook-events.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2022

Hey Francois!

To see the detailed view of any future webhooks events that you have specified, you will need to enable history for that webhook.

To do this - you can access Repository Settings > Webhooks > AWS Codebuild > View Requests and then click "Enable History", once it is enabled any future webhooks events will display and you can click "View Details" next to the event.

Given that you are using AWS CodeBuild, if you have authorized this feature to access your workspace - it may be present under "Connect Hooks" and will give you the most useful information - otherwise the regular "Repository hooks" section should work as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events