How to see a total of time spent by one person?

Julia Eden April 4, 2023

I'd like to see the sum total of the time spent per user.

Eg if I click their profile to only see the tasks that they estimated for and completed I'd like to see the total time they spent in one sprint. 

6 answers

3 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

Hello @Julia Eden 
Welcome to the community!

As an alternative , I guess you can try Time in Status  for Jira Cloud (developed by my SaaSJet team) with 7 types of status time reports can help you with this. 

One of them is Assignee time report displays sum total of the time spent per user.  

GIF TIS.gif

This add-on has a 30-day free trial version.

Please, let me know if you have any questions

Best regards, Valeriia 

2 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Julia Eden ,

I would like to recommend you trying out our app Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports.

In short, Worklogs creates reports from your Jira time logs and Jira issues fields. Meaning, that you can see with Worklogs how much time on which task each user has spent:

how to user report.gif

You can also check how much time your user spent on particular priorities or issues types:

worklogs scree.png

Every report can be viewed in a table or a chart and exported.

You can check out our app in an Interactive Demo here. In case of any questions, I will be also happy to meet with you and showcase you our app. If you are interested please book a meeting from the calendar here.

2 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Julia Eden and welcome to the Community!

We're kind of limited when it comes to using native functionality available in Jira (see this discussion) but there are a number of marketplace applications that would be worth an extra look to help you get the information you need in an easy-to-consume format.

Here's a sample search of time tracking applications available to trial and install.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

Hi  @Julia Eden 

Welcome to t he community !! 

If you would be interested in a mktplace app to get this data, you can try out our add-on

Worklogs Time Reports

The app provides the following features.

• Worklogs Report :
    • Create reports for time entered by your team members
    • Filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data
  • Timesheets : View/Enter time spent for multiple issues and multiple days from a single screen
  • Dashboard gadgets

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs.PNG

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Julia Eden 

Welcome to the community :)

you might consider using time tracking apps that in most cases have a customizable report of tracked time on issues.

I can recommend our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Free app, which offers you the possibility to review timesheets that can be configured in various ways using break-down and filtering options. It also allows you to export the data to Excel files. As you requested you can here filter quickly how much time was spent by each user per sprint/project/issue.

Please find below the sample of how the timesheet looks like:

CLK_communitty.PNG

If you have any questions you can contact us via our help center.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
April 4, 2023

Hi @Julia Eden

if I may recommend another option from the Atlassian Marketplace, this should be easy to do with the app that my team and I are working, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including the ability to group your issues by any issue field(s), and calculate sum-ups across these issue groups.

This is how this looks in action:

group-by-assignee-time-spent.gif

As you can see above, the resulting view is fully interactive, meaning that you work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your issues with just one click). Grouping and sum-ups also play nicely with JXL's other advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies or conditional formatting.

As already mentioned, there'll be other apps on the Marketplace that can help with this, too. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you!

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events