How to search 'status' (not 'statusCategory')

Shaun Han March 4, 2021

Hi,

I'm having difficulties searching 'status' of the ticket, rather than 'statusCategory'.

Background info:

1. I have several customized status 'ON HOLD', 'PEER REVIEW', which are under 'IN PROGRESS' category.

2. When I search, I can use 'statusCategory' to filter all the tickets under 'IN PROGRESS', but it cannot differentiate my customized status.

3. I tried to use 'status', but it has values like 'Approved'/'Cancelled' etc, which I didn't see in my project.

I'm worrying maybe the 'status' I'm using is saved in a custom field? How could I search it by JQL?

Thanks in advance.

S

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

When you use status in your JQL and starts typing peer, does the status show up in the list? The list will only show the first 10 statuses if you have more than that, but is should show specific ones if you start typing. If you have a custom field status, that one should show up if you start typing status, just look for something like this: status - cf[xxxxxx].

You can see all the statuses that you have in your instance if you go to Jira settings > Issues > Statuses (if you have Jira admin permissions). You can also verify that you are using the system status field if you look at your workflow and On Hold and Peer Review is shown in it.

Shaun Han March 4, 2021

Oh, it works.

In my system, it prompts 15 statuses.

But when I input 'on' or 'peer', my customized statuses do pop up and it gives the correct search result.

Thank you very much for the help

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events