How to search by title in jira advanced search?

prasannjeet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2020

A simple jira advanced search can be something like:

text ~ "feature-55" AND type in ("New Feature","Improvement") ORDER BY created DESC

However, I think the string feature-55 will be searched in the complete jira issue. Is there a search query through which I can only search for the text in the title of the issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @prasannjeet 

Yes. As bellow:

Summary ~ "featur-55"
Souro April 25, 2022

Hi Ashkan,

I have a use case. I want to search for Jira tickets that have 'ABC' or 'XYZ' in titles. It's not necessary to have both 'ABC' and 'XYZ' in the same ticket title. Is there a search syntax that will give me all the possible tickets that have 'ABC' or 'XYZ' in titles? Thanks in advance.

James August 24, 2022

@Souro , you can use the OR function in your search query, e.g.

Summary ~ 'ABC' OR Summary ~ 'XYZ'
Like # people like this
med jamac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2022
  • A
Like Richard BIGOT likes this
Cesar Arias Canto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 14, 2023

I'm getting the following error

The text query '[FE]' for field 'summary' is not valid: probably your range query is incorrect.

I'm searching:

summary ~ '[FE]' AND project = XXXXXXX AND issuetype = Bug AND status in ("To Do", "To do") order by created DESC

James December 15, 2023

@Cesar Arias Canto unfortunately that's a known issue with JIRA filters and there's no apparent workaround. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25092.

Frederik Voordeckers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 10, 2024

This worked for me:

summary ~ "\"[FE]\""

Like Klimov_ Andrii likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS