How to search a field containing a custom list?

Carl Johnson May 24, 2021

It appears that my organisation have created a "Custom Field" for a "Team managed Service Project". The field contains a list of strings where generally only one string is selected, but multiple can be. I am trying to search this field using the advanced search. 

I am expecting something simple, such as
.... AND fieldName = "Charting"
or
... AND fieldName ~"Chart"
or
... AND fieldName IN (Charting)

What Jira is asking me for it the following:
"fieldName" [Select List (multiple choices)]

I've tried various ways to enter my search string into the above but cannot get a valid query (let alone return any results)

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Carl Johnson 

May I know please what error message displayed when you use

"fieldName" [Select List (multiple choices)] in (Charting)

Hi @Mohamed Adel , thanks for coming back.

Error:
Operator 'in' does not support the non-list value '"Charting"' for field 'Business Feature[Select List (multiple choices)]'.

Search criteria entered:
project = **** AND "fieldName[Select List (multiple choices)]" IN "Charting" ORDER BY created DESC

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

@Carl Johnson 

try the following

project = **** AND "fieldName[Select List (multiple choices)]" IN ("Charting") ORDER BY created DESC

Valid syntax and results returned. 

Really appreciate your help.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer