How to se batch e-mail notification setting in JIRA server 8.5 as permanent

swati gupta December 4, 2019

Hi Team,

How can I set batch e-mail notification setting to some value as permanent?

For eg - I set the value as 1 hr, but when I rebooted the jira server, the setting was changed back to default. How can I set the setting as permanent?

Its urgent!! help would be appreciated!!

batchsetting.PNGThank You!!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hi Swati,

I understand that you have set the batched notification in a Jira 8.5 version to be enabled and set to one hour.  However it appears that restarting the server has somehow caused this value to be changed.

I tried to recreate this problem in my own environment, however so far I have not been able to repeat the behavior you have described here.  Each time I change this value, the setting is persistent in my environment across Jira startups and Operating system startups.   As such, I'd like to try to learn more about your environment so that we can better understand the possible root causes here.

Is it possible that another Jira Admin could have changed this setting value?   I ask this because it seems like the most likely source of a change of this nature.  Any Jira System level administrator would have the ability to change this setting.  And since the Audit Log does not track this kind of setting change, it makes it very difficult to see for sure who might have changed this setting.

If not, then I'd be interested to see if you can try to change the value on this page, and then immediately check the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file. I'd be interested to see if there are any errors/warning level messages in the log that correspond to the date/time when this changed happened.  I could foresee that if the database had some kind of problem storing this setting change, we should see some kind of SQLException type error in the log file.  Perhaps this could offer one possible explanation of this behavior.

But again, I have to state that I have not been able to recreate the behavior you described here yet.
I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer