Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to schedule issue for every 90 days?

Is it possible to create a scheduled issue that executes every 90 days? I know how to specify the months explicitly (e.g. `0 0 0 1 Jan,Apr,Jul,Oct ?`), but with this approach it could be more or less than 90 days before the next execution depending on the months.

2 answers

Hello @vn01971 

Welcome to the community.

With the Schedule trigger you can set a fixed rate for the schedule.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.35.47 AM.png

Hi @Trudy Claspill, thanks for the quick reply. I'm seeing a different scheduled issue wizard. Is this a different feature than the schedule trigger?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 12.46.40 PM.png

Hi, It comes from a third-party app, I can't remember from which exactly. I guess you should click on the Advanced tab to provide a CRON expression. 

If you need an easy-to-use the scheduled template feature, I'd recommend testing the Scheduled Templates app. It's super-easy. 

Cheers, 

Like Em_So likes this

@vn01971 

I am using the Automation for JIRA feature which is free in the JIRA Cloud Standard plan. You can access it through Project Settings. Here's a link to the home page for the documentation of the feature.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Like vn01971 likes this

@Tom Jones _Appsvio_ do you know what the appropriate CRON expression would be for every 90 days?

Cron expression for every 90 days:

0 5 */90 * *

Reference:

https://crontab.tech/examples

Like Tom Jones _Appsvio_ likes this

@Trudy Claspill I've messed around with that for a while but can't get the schedule issue wizard to accept it. For some reason the schedule wizard thinks the frequency is more than once per hour. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.06.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.08.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.08.58 PM.png

It looks like you are using a third party app for this. Which one is it?

We don't have any extra apps for scheduling issue creation, so I won't be able to experiment to find a proven solution for your third party app. But if I know which one it is maybe I can figure it out from that vendor's documentation.

@Trudy Claspill 
Ah I didn't realize we were using third party app, but turns out we're using The Scheduler
Sadly, I didn't see anything in their docs about scheduling a task for every X days.

@vn01971 

Automation for JIRA is included in the Standard plan for JIRA Cloud. You might consider using it for the creation of issues that needs to happen per X days. 

Hi Guys,

In our Scheuler you can just use interval triggers instead of the cron expressions. Here is example form the Cloud version of the app

The scheduler cloud - trigger types.jpg

Then you just simply use 90 days interval:

The scheduler cloud - 90 days interval.jpgIf you are interested in some advanced cron expressions here we gathered some useful examples from community: Advanced Cron Expressions Examples

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Why everyone using Jira must be GDPR-compliant

Did you know that penalties up to 4 % of the yearly company turnover are possible in case of GDPR violations? GDPR regulations are currently mainly relevant for companies in the EU, but countries lik...

103 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you