How to schedule issue for every 90 days?

vn01971 April 30, 2021

Is it possible to create a scheduled issue that executes every 90 days? I know how to specify the months explicitly (e.g. `0 0 0 1 Jan,Apr,Jul,Oct ?`), but with this approach it could be more or less than 90 days before the next execution depending on the months.

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hello @vn01971 

Welcome to the community.

With the Schedule trigger you can set a fixed rate for the schedule.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.35.47 AM.png

vn01971 April 30, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill, thanks for the quick reply. I'm seeing a different scheduled issue wizard. Is this a different feature than the schedule trigger?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 12.46.40 PM.png

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2021

Hi, It comes from a third-party app, I can't remember from which exactly. I guess you should click on the Advanced tab to provide a CRON expression. 

If you need an easy-to-use the scheduled template feature, I'd recommend testing the Scheduled Templates app. It's super-easy. 

Cheers, 

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

@vn01971 

I am using the Automation for JIRA feature which is free in the JIRA Cloud Standard plan. You can access it through Project Settings. Here's a link to the home page for the documentation of the feature.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Like vn01971 likes this
vn01971 April 30, 2021

@Tom Jones [Appsvio] do you know what the appropriate CRON expression would be for every 90 days?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Cron expression for every 90 days:

0 5 */90 * *

Reference:

https://crontab.tech/examples

Like Tom Jones [Appsvio] likes this
vn01971 April 30, 2021

@Trudy Claspill I've messed around with that for a while but can't get the schedule issue wizard to accept it. For some reason the schedule wizard thinks the frequency is more than once per hour. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.06.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.08.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.08.58 PM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

It looks like you are using a third party app for this. Which one is it?

We don't have any extra apps for scheduling issue creation, so I won't be able to experiment to find a proven solution for your third party app. But if I know which one it is maybe I can figure it out from that vendor's documentation.

vn01971 May 3, 2021

@Trudy Claspill 
Ah I didn't realize we were using third party app, but turns out we're using The Scheduler
Sadly, I didn't see anything in their docs about scheduling a task for every X days.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

@vn01971 

Automation for JIRA is included in the Standard plan for JIRA Cloud. You might consider using it for the creation of issues that needs to happen per X days. 

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2021

Hi Guys,

In our Scheuler you can just use interval triggers instead of the cron expressions. Here is example form the Cloud version of the app

The scheduler cloud - trigger types.jpg

Then you just simply use 90 days interval:

The scheduler cloud - 90 days interval.jpgIf you are interested in some advanced cron expressions here we gathered some useful examples from community: Advanced Cron Expressions Examples

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events