How to roll up a date custom field value from story level to Epic Level?

Dinesh Loyapalli September 14, 2017

I have a Custom Field Migration ETC which of type Date Picker.This field is present at Story level and epic level.Once we provide it with some date  at the story level, it should be rolled up to the epic level and should be displayed at the epi level Migration ETC.Can this be acheived with out of the box implementation?

2 answers

0 votes
Dinesh Loyapalli September 18, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response.I am not allowed to use any of the add-on's to do this.I have to implement the functionality with the Jira instance that has been installed on my local machine.

For example i have 2 stories with Migration ETC:-  1/9/2018, 11/17/2017

The date that needs to be rolled up at the EPIC level of Migration ETC is  1/9/2018..

Can this be achieved with out using any add-on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Same answer - you need code to do this.

Dinesh Loyapalli September 18, 2017

Code in the sense add-on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Yes, add-ons are the only way to get your code into Jira. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2017

No.  You need code.

If nothing else, your code is going to have to implement a rule to decide which date to roll up, as an Epic can have many stories.

Suggest an answer