How to reverse all dependencies?

david_jares December 18, 2019

Hello Everybody,

I just got this project to manage. The project is done from 5/7 and the original team was using Assembla before. We moved everything to JIRA and I start working on dependencies.

Unfortunately, after a few hours, I realize, that I somehow swapped BLOCKED BY a BLOCKS in my head and I did everything exactly the opposite way (now my parent tasks are blocking all child tasks). As I mentioned, I realized this way too late after approx 200 tasks being linked. Is there any way (without any external paid addon) how to reverse it? The only solution I found was to go again task by task through everything, delete everything and set it up again correctly.

Thank you for any help and have a great Holidays. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

It is not possible to change the link type by bulk update.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-902498099.html

Maybe you could do the following:

1. Export the affected issues.

2. Delete the affected issues.

3. Modify the downloaded csv.

4. Import the issues from the modified csv.

Hello Jakub,

thank you for your reply. That could be the solution, but I have a lot of attachments in my tasks and I believe that this way I would lose them all?

All the best,

David

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Probably yes.

If you are talking about a one-time action of updating 200 issues, then this doesn't sound too drastic to do that manually one by one.

Thank you Jakub! Hello to Poland.

Suggest an answer