How to restrict users to invite new people to Jira Cloud?

milagros.pinero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2023

A Basic user from my company has the ability to invite whoever he wants to the Jira Cloud instance by adding his/her email through the assignee field on any ticket . How do I restrict new user creation only to admins?

1 answer

2 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2023

Hi @milagros.pinero ,

The User invite can be disabled in the Site Access.

You can change the permission from "Requires Admin Approval" to don't allow invites.

Documentation for reference https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/control-how-users-get-access-to-products/

milagros.pinero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 29, 2023

Thanks! Is there a way of giving invite permissions to a certain group? or its just for admins approval?

Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Hi @milagros.pinero 

Unfortunately haven't found this yet.

From what I've tried its a complete restriction, and doesn't allow specific groups to invite either.

If this answer helps pls mark it as accepted, so that it can further help the community.

Like Lasse Bencke likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events