How to restrict only a group can edit a custom field?

Jason Liu December 6, 2022

May I know how to restrict a custom field which can only edited by a group? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Hello @Jason Liu

To do that, I suggess the following steps:

• Remove the custom field from the edit screen. 
  • Add a self transition from any status to Itself

Image 1.png
  • Add a screen to the transition, the screen should contains the custom field (CF)
  • Add a condition "Only users in group" to the transition and choose your group

Image 6.png

I hope this can help,

Regards,

Seif,

Jason Liu December 7, 2022

Hi Seif, so if I configure this, when will the custom field appears? Should I make it at the first status? 

Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

You can see a new transition (Edit CF, in my example), when you click on it the field will appear.

You need to be member on the group to see the transition.

3 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu ,

Use ScriptRunner for Jira Server/Data Center to make a field read-only except for a certain role.

https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/behaviours/behaviours-examples/field-level-permissions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events