How to restrict issuelink creation to a group, while letting other view and link

Adonis ElFakih March 28, 2023

Currently Link Issues have one setting that enables

1. Ability to link issues together and

2. create linked issues. 

We would like to have two different settings.  We want to govern the LinkIssue categories to avoid duplicates, while giving the team members the freedom to link issues based on the pre-defined link categories.

I understand that I can fine tune when and where the linkissue drop down show in the workflow steps.

Question

Is it possible to separate the creation of linkissues from linking?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hello @Adonis ElFakih 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I'm not sure that I am understanding the distinction between

1. Ability to link issues together and

2. create linked issues. 

I think for #1 you are referring to the ability to link issues together when the issues already exist (were created previously).

I think for #2 you are referring to the ability to create a new issue and at the same time link it to another issue.

And I'm not sure how those two relate to "govern the LinkIssue categories to avoid duplicates." The definition of the type of links that can be created (blocks/is blocked by, relates to, duplicates/is duplicated by) can be managed only by Jira Administrators.

Can you please try to clarify what you're asking? Maybe if you provide the steps involved in accomplishing each of this tasks (from your perspective) then it will become more clear.

Adonis ElFakih March 30, 2023

Thank you. After more digging in I found out that only Jira admins can create the categories.  The description of the Links in permissions made me believe that those two permissions are the same, and I was observing an increase in number of linkissue categories which I could not track down in Audit Log.

Can consider this issue cleared up and closed. Thank you again 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events