How to restore Default Issue type scheme?

Amruta Pelapkar February 26, 2021

I accidentally add all issue types to Default issue type scheme. Is there any way to restore it?

I am not able to see "Available Issue type" column

I could see "Reset" but it didn't restore it

DefaultIssueType.jpgDefaultIssueType_Reset.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hi Amruta,

The Default Issue Type Scheme will by default all all new issue types that get created. If you have a project that you don't want all of the issue types to appear in, then you need to copy the Default Issue Type Scheme, give the new one a new name and remove the issue types that do not apply. 

Then apply this new scheme to your project. 

@John Funk I have created one for my project. but i changed default one. and this default scheme used by some of the projects...

I am not able to see "Available Issue types" column now because I clicked  "Add all". How can get back that column so that I can remove some of the issue type which were not in "Added Issue Types" previously 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

That's my point - you can't remove issue types from the Default Issue Type Scheme. By nature it includes ALL issue types. The only way to remove an Issue Type from the Default Issue Type Scheme is to delete the individual issue type. 

oh ok...but then why I before adding all issue types in Added Issue types list, I was able to see and able move to issues back and forth to  "Available Issue Types" list

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

I can't answer that - I just know what you need to do right now to fix it.  :-)

Like Amruta Pelapkar likes this
Amruta Pelapkar March 4, 2021

Thanks @John Funk for this direction. I am now clear that we just can't change the default issue type. Thank you so much for your help.

Like John Funk likes this
Judah January 4, 2023

@John Funk - I'm facing a similar issue...but I still can't wrap my head around something...

I cannot seem to add sub-tasks & bug issue types to my Default Issue Type Scheme. 

I understand that the default issue type scheme should have all available Jira issues by nature, and to remove them I would need to remove the issue type all together.

But what about adding issue types?

I have Bug and Sub-Tasks issue types in other schemes, but they are not appearing in my default scheme.

I was able to make a COPY of my default issue type scheme and add Bugs/Sub-Tasks, but I am unable to add them to the original Default Issue Type Scheme. Further, I cannot Delete the scheme.

Any ideas? 

defaultScheme.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

Hi @Judah 

You might be mixing project types. If you created issue types in a Team-managed project, those issue types are not added to the Default Issue Type Scheme. The latter is used for Company-managed projects. To add issue types there, go to Settings > Issues >  Issue Types and create the new issue types there. 

Like Vish Reddy _Revyz_ likes this
Judah January 9, 2023

@John Funk - Thanks for reply!

I tracked down my issue type settings and sure enough Sub-Task is present and available within every other issue type scheme except the Default Scheme...I cannot seem to associate Sub-Tasks with my Default Issue Type Scheme or vice versa.

So, I do not believe the problem to be how you described that the sub-task issue type was created in a team-managed project.

I'm not sure how but the sub-task issue type is associated with every issue type scheme that I have EXCEPT THE DEFAULT SCHEME. 

In the image below you'll see my sub-task issue type with the related issue type schemes...is there a way to add the default scheme to the list of Related Schemes? 

Or some other way to make this issue type available in default scheme? 

SubTasks.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

You probably need to contact Atlassian support for their help 

Judah January 9, 2023

Done, I will post what they come up with here.

Turns out the Default Issue Type Scheme should never be manually altered, mine was at some point and it will take some database updates to restore it. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2023

Suspected it was probably something like that. Thanks for sharing the update!

0 votes
Adaptavist [Enterprise Expert] June 1, 2023

Judah

What changes did you have to make for the database, as I may be facing a similar problem.

Judah June 5, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events