How to report on resolved tickets based on filter results?

Lisa Hagemann December 30, 2020

Scenario: I have a custom filter which identifies tickets assigned for the next release ("fixVersion changed TO earliestUnreleasedVersion() AFTER -90d"). I want to track the progress on resolving these tickets. 

I want something similar to the Created vs. Resolved display, but for my case created is not really meaningful (ticket could be a year old, and only just pulled into the next release)

I'd want to see that -90d there were 0 tickets with `earliestUnreleasedVersion` and over time tickets were added into the release, and we started closing them. And showing the delta of work still to complete. 

I'm also particularly interested in showing if tickets get added into a release. 

I am using the Classic Software project, and Kanban. (no Sprints)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Hello @Lisa Hagemann 

Are you using a Classic project or Next-Gen project?

If Classic, are you using a Scrum or Kanban agile board?

If you are using a Classic project and Scrum agile board, you should have access to the Release Burndown report. I don't think it is quite what you're looking for, but maybe it will be useful.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-release-burndown-report/

Lisa Hagemann December 30, 2020

Hi Trudy, 
Thank your for your reply. I edited my question to include answers to your questions. I am using Classic project and Kanban.

I thought about the Sprint burndown, I'll read the doc you linked. But since we are not using sprints I'm not hopeful. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

I found that a suggestion has been opened for Release Burndown for Kanban, but only for JIRA server, not for JIRA Cloud.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15617

You could also actually set up a sprint agile board against your project/filter just to get the Release Burndown report. You don't have to use the Scrum methodology for your project, and you could continue to manage the workload through your Kanban board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events